|UCO grad Harold Storey|
A year ago, he didn't have a twitter account.
Now @AHaroldStorey is a social media coordinator at VI Marketing and Branding in Oklahoma City @thevibrand.
I'm proud of Harold because of his success as a former student of mine, and of his passion and enthusiasm. That's why I asked him to speak to #clarkclass this year, figuring this recent grad would have great advice for these senior students.
2016 was a great year for Harold, in his words, because he graduated, got married, and got a job of his dreams.
I'm proud that some of that came because he took this class, which requires students to "adopt" a professional who uses twitter, interview them and and report to the class.
He interviewed @CaseyCornett, social media director at VI Marketing and Branding, and that connection eventually lead to Harold landing a job working for Casey, and handling about 11 accounts.
Harold may have been a late adopter of twitter, but he's made up for it since, quickly learning the social media world.
|A still from #clarkclass on @Spectacles|
|What it looks like on twitter feed|
(Similar to the failed Google glasses, but with marketing possibilities). We all passed them around and tried them out.
Here are some of the debriefing comments of our students, recorded by @JohnGardner458:
- Set measurable goals.
- If you’re going to be about something, be all about something.
- Always have to bring people on who are experienced in their fields
- Find the best tool for each client.
- Snapchat Spectacles!
- Try to know someone in every industry.
- The power of social media.
- Social media is like a slow burn…it might be a little while until you see something from it.
- Don’t half ass more than one thing, whole ass one thing.
- That’s the power of social media, you never know who all you’ll meet, or what job you could get.
- Didn’t have Twitter until this class.
- How flexible VI is.
- You don’t need to be a social media guru or a English major to do the job.
- Built his entire relationship with his boss through social media.
- It doesn’t matter how long it takes you to graduate.
- They don’t check transcripts.
|@Okieprof in +Snapchat @Spectacles|