Official blog of @okieprof's Twitter for Media class at UCO--#clarkclass
"If you're in this class, you must be a little bit touched."--Steve Lackmeyer
1. The most valuable part of this course was the amount of informative information that we received from each guest speaker. Each brought personal stories and advice that we could all benefit from. It made the class more enjoyable and of course, more interactive.2. Have students email you who they're doing their presentations over. Therefore, no confusion and/or cat fights. :D
Taylor Varner1. The most valuable part of this course for me was all the information and knowledge we gained from each speaker. I believe the speakers added so much to this course. Not only was the information great but getting to meet these people in person was awesome because we got to meet these people who are very respected in their fields and this could really help us in our futures because we now have connections with the speakers, this is not something you usually gain in a course and I thought that was great!2. I honestly do not have any suggestions to improve this course. I think you have this course and the plans down perfect and I couldn't think of a single thing I would change for improvement.
1.The most valuable part about this course was all the knowledge I acquired from Twitter and how it can affect people's lives. Also how crucial it is to be as professional as possible on social network. Many of our guest speakers got jobs from Twitter, and I am sure all of them were very professional about what they said on social media. The guest speakers were all awesome, and they showed us how hard work and determination pays off.2.I don't have suggestions to improve this class, all the guest speakers were outstanding. I believe having the guest speakers is the most effective way of teaching this class. They showed us real life experiences in the fields we want to all go in.
1. I found the most valuable part of this class was the statement "You are what you post." Although, it sounds little ridiculous because obviously you ARE what you post, but for me this is my opportunity to show my followers (whether friends, family, or future employeers) that I can take social media seriously and make connections but also that I can add my personality and creative touch to each post.2. I think, if willing, this course could be condensed into a one week course. Having a few speakers a day, then debriefing and tweeting as usual. Although it would be more intense and tiresome I think it would be worth it!Enjoyed the class overall!!-Taylor
1. The most valuable part of Twitter for Media was having so many professional speakers. They inspire even the Twitter Hater to use it.2. Have students buy the book, Tweet This. It's cheap and short enough to have them read so many pages a day. Even though this class got me tweeting, I still don't know how to utilize all of Twitter's features.
This comment has been removed by the author.
1. I believe the most valuable part was getting to know so many people in our field, and having the chance to learn from them. It's not everyday that we get to meet incredible people! These people are experienced. They understand how we feel because they were once in our place. They encourage us to do better, and follow our dreams. This class inspired me to achieve my dreams, and never, never, give up. Let's keep trying! 2. I don't have suggestions to make this course better. Just wish I could take it twice. Very good class!
1. The most Valuable part of this class was seeing that twitter can be much more than posting your opinions, but also networking for your business. In fact, it was eye opening to learn that twitter is almost more valuable than all other forms of traditional advertising combined. This class was valuable to me because twitter will now be my primary source for building my video customer base. Had I not had this class, I would not be trying twitter. 2. This class needs to be advertised and known to students that it's not a social club, but a serious class on business networking. I don't know how you would do that, but the word "twitter" has a bad stigma to its name.
1. The most valuable part about this class was getting to listen to all the speakers. They taught me what and what not to do with Twitter. 2. I don't have any suggestions to change this course. It was awesome! Wish I could take it again.
1. The most valuable part of the class was definitely the speakers. It was inspirational to hear their stories. 2. It flows very well. Maybe a book to go along with the speakers.
1. The most valuable part of this course for me was that I obtained knowledge about how to use Twitter properly. It was interesting to listen to each speaker's life stories and ways of using Twitters. Also, I learned that I can get benefits from Twitter by using is professionally. It was fascinating that I can make connections with professionals in different area and learn from them. I will use Twitter as a tool to build my career and relationships with other people. 2. Maybe record guest speakers' presentations so students can review their amazing stories.
Sarah Cooley1. I really like getting to know a side of twitter quite frankly I didn't know existed. It was also great getting advice from real professionals who use twitter and other social media for work and how its impacted their jobs and lives.2. I agree with what Natalie said in class today that it would be a great idea to have the students buy Tweet This! I learned a lot from this class but I'm afraid since its such a short course that I'll forget some of the valuable information so having a good point of reference would be great.
1. The most valuable part of the course for me was learning how to network using Twitter and how to use Twitter for professional purposes, as well as personal.2. I honestly cannot think of anything you can do to improve the course. I thought all of the speakers shared useful, diverse information and advice. I also liked that you posted on the blog about each speaker. It was nice to have that as a point of reference.
1. I felt so inspired by this class and that was what was most valuable to me. Over the last week I created a website and have started to put my work out there. The speakers were such go-getters and they made me so excited to start a career!Brittany Robinson2. I would only change one thing and that is the name of the course, I think it should be "Twitter for Professionals". I loved this course and I really needed the inspiration!