Rob's another UCO alum, a former student who likes to tell the class I once gave him an "F" on an assignment. That's indicative of his independence and off-the-wall view, because he just wouldn't color inside the lines. He's found the perfect fit, working with the edgy boutique Bumbershoot PR and owner Tracey Zeeck.
|@rcrissinger in #clarkclass|
His impact on the class is always immediate, because he's talking about all the activity that is changing OKC. Students coined a hashtag for him, #RobMob, as an indication. One student--most are graduating seniors, tweeted "Is it too late to change my major?"
This time though, he even brought a simplified powerpoint for his main points, saying he had to "up his game," following Jill Castilla of @CitizensEdmond.
|Our students make us look good|
He's also the one that sent us 50 names you should be following in OKC, posted earlier in December on this blog, Who to follow.
Another repeat hint: You can see much of what the class tweets during the presentation by hitting #clarkclass.
(Again, all of this should have been posted much earlier. The fault all belongs to @okieprof. Sorry.)
So here are some of his comments, student tweets and debriefing, and power point points, with the help of @cassjack12.
- Social media is an extra fuel that was needed in PR
- "We work hard and try to look like we aren't working hard."
- Successful places in OKC are successful because they are engaging
- Social media is the feedback loop
- We work hard without looking like we’re working hard
- Be authentic
- Put community first--unique about OKC
- The new OKC thinks of the community before they think of themselves
- Learn to like social media
- Everyone is trying to fit in while standing out--can't do both at the same time
- Know how and who to connect
- Have purposeful conversations-meetings aren’t always necessary
- Find what you want to do, that represents you – not just going out to get a job
- Show interest in people
- Listen more than you speak, but you have to speak or people will forget that you’re there --a balancing act
- being an introvert helps listening
- I wouldn't be as successful as I am without social media."
- "News Releases are Magic if done right."
- "Some people say that social media is PR, but social media was just the missing link."
- When your college is associated with @oakandore, you know you're going to the best college.
- we are talking about bacon bourbons, good food, local OK, being authentic,
- "Don't be a douche bag."
- All #OKC successes have a community first mindset" -
- Be yourself, be authentic, and listen more than you speak.
- "The number one rule of social media is being authentic."