Official blog of #clarkclass, Twitter for Media class at UCO Mass Comm Department

Saturday, December 8, 2018

"Get that quote!"

#clarkclass 12.0, great students, probably "Uncas"
I often interrupt speakers to #clarkclass, yelling at the students to "Get that quote."
Ryan Dunn closing #clarkclass
It's become sort of a motto for the 12 times I've taught this class about twitter, which morphed into lessons on life.. I'm a journalist, and I know good quotes tell stories better than anything, getting to the heart of the matter.
Duh, paraphrasing Jesus about the mouth speaking from the fullness of the heart.
I want students to get those key points, to remember them. 
I'll give them credit, they remember, "Get that quote."
Students also "adopt" someone using social media and present to the class what they learned. 
So at the end of the last presentation on the last day, Ryan Dunn went beyond duty, took a risk, and threw up this visual on his powerpoint.
They've learned I value students who take risks, have fun and are creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment